My Favorite Skunkworks Story

I just ran across one of the best skunk works stories ever in IT, told by the guy who was actually there, courtesy of Google Video and and the Google sponsored TechTalks on Aug 1, 2006.

"It's midnight. I've been working sixteen hours a day, seven days a week. I'm not being paid. In fact, my project was canceled six months ago, so I'm evading security, sneaking into Apple Computer's main offices in the heart of Silicon Valley, doing clandestine volunteer work for an eight-billion-dollar corporation."

Source: Ron Avitzur http://www.pacifict.com/Story/

It's an hour long, but it's worth it, trust me. Ron's story has inspired me for many years, and I'm thrilled to actually be able to hear him tell it in his own words.

In case the above video doesn't launch, here is the original link.
Ian

1 comment:

Scott H said...

I love that story too Ian. Thanks for the link to the video.